About the Job
BEST Consultants MGA Inc. (BEST) is an architecture/engineering company focused on design, assessment, construction and restoration in the multi-residential, infrastructure & commercial market. Our office is located in Toronto (Markham).
BEST is seeking to hire a Drafting Technician with 1 to 3 years experience; new graduates will be considered. The responsibility of the Drafting Technician is to produce architectural, structural and mechanical drawings, details, and schematics as assigned in a timely and professional manner. The ideal candidate should have some experience/knowledge in low rise, mid rise townhouse and high-rise construction, be proficient in the use of AutoCAD, MS Word and MS Excel, and have strong English oral, and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Drafting, updating and modifying drawings/details using AutoCad
- Reports directly to the Associate, Operations & Project Management.
- Manage electronic information in an effective and clear manner to allow all project personnel to access and understand the relevance of the information
- Suggest ways to improve the office workflow, procedures and infrastructure
- Communicate closely with the engineering manager to determine workload availability
- Communicate well with all members of the project team to identify individual responsibilities, project goals and to further your understanding of residential/commercial construction
- Use precise, concise and unambiguous communication
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative office atmosphere
- Competitive compensation package based on experience
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Potential for career advancement
- College Diploma or University Degree related to Technical Drafting required
- Strong Intermediate skill level using AutoCAD
- Intermediate skill level using MS Word and MS Excel
- Townhouse/High-rise construction knowledge is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Desired personality characteristics include positivity, enthusiasm, passion and resilience
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle – ability to travel locally as required
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
We are looking for qualified individuals with an interest in building science, and strong project management and administrative skills. Proficiency in AutoCAD is an asset. You may send resumes highlighting personal and professional strengths to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Human Resources
or by regular mail:
Attn: Human Resources
BEST Consultants Martin Gerskup Architect Inc.
302-345 Renfrew Drive
BEST Consultants Martin Gerskup Architect Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc.