BEST Consultants Martin Gerskup Architect Inc. is a Toronto-based architectural and engineering firm focused on design, assessment, construction, and the restoration of multi-residential, infrastructure & commercial market. We are seeking a building science technologist to join our team.
BEST is seeking to hire a Building Science Technologist with 0 to 3 years of experience. New graduates will be considered. The Building Science Technologist will be responsible for performing building science-related investigations and condition assessments including Audits, Building Condition Assessments, Building Envelope Surveys, Energy Audits, Reserve Fund Studies, and Roof Surveys. The Building Science Technologist will also assist in the preparation of technical specifications and CAD drawings & details.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of building science principals and experience with various types of construction, be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace Applications (e.g. Word/Docs and Excel/Sheets), have a good working knowledge of AutoCAD, and have strong English communication skills (i.e. oral, written and interpersonal skills).
- University Degree related to Building Science or Engineering
- Proficiency in MS Word/Google Docs, MS Excel/Google Sheets and AutoCAD.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Strong understanding of building science principles and construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently and to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle – ability to travel locally as required.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Performance of building investigations and condition assessments.
- Writing clear and concise technical reports.
- Creating and updating capital repair and replacement spreadsheets.
- Performing quantity take-offs and cost estimation.
- Preparation of technical specifications.
- Preparation of CAD drawings & details under supervision.
- Communicate with other members of the project team and clients.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Assume responsibility and meet or improve on deliverable deadlines.
- Manage individual time and deadlines.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for this position and only those who meet the specified criteria will be contacted.
We utilize Zoom and Microsoft Teams for digital collaboration among project team members and communicating with our clients. Working knowledge with these systems is essential.
Our salaries are competitive and based on experience. We also offer our employees’ health benefits and potential for career advancement.
Please forward resume with contact information, references, and salary expectations by email to Martin Gerskup at firstname.lastname@example.org