BEST Consultants Martin Gerskup Architect Inc. is a Toronto-based architectural and engineering firm that specializes in building science and building restoration. We are seeking an architectural technician or technologist to join our team.
- Architectural Technology Diploma or Degree in Architecture.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Proficiency in technical construction drawings / detailing.
- Strong knowledge of conventional building materials and building assemblies.
- Technical understanding of building science principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including technical writing.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently and to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in architecture or engineering.
- Knowledge of building code is an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar photo editing software is an asset.
- Experience with Revit or other BIM software is an asset.
- Preparation of drawings including plans, elevations, cross-sections and details from rough sketches and/or from general design information according to established standards and procedures under supervision.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Seek assistance when required.
- Creating a full set of working drawings for building permit application.
- Assume responsibility and meet or improve on deliverable deadlines.
- Manage individual time and deadlines.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for this position and only those who meet the specified criteria will be contacted.
We utilize Zoom and Microsoft Teams for digital collaboration among project team members and communicating with our clients. Working knowledge with these systems is essential.
Our salaries are competitive and based on experience. We also offer our employees benefits.
Please forward resume with contact information, references and salary expectations by email to Martin Gerskup at firstname.lastname@example.org